Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Midseason grades vs championship expectations
(01-14-2022, 06:20 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I honestly believe overall talent, while less than ideal, is not the huge issue it's made out to be here on the daily. 

If Porzingis would've fit with Luka as well as we all (including me) assumed, this thing would've been off and running. He didn't. Luka/KP has been problematic every step of the way. 

The Mavs have GREAT role players. This team would be working just fine if Luka/KP/THJ/Brunson were working as a group. Getting those 4 guys on the same page or exchanging some of them for players who fit together better (even if it means lowering overall talent) is the way forward. 

You all know who I'd start with.

It´s not everything but it doesn´t hurt to have an advantage in the talent department. Fit, schemes/coaching, intangibles, experience and more matter. I don´t think the Mavs ever had the most talented roster in the league. Think that they punched way above their weightclass in the early RC years because they had a lot of the mentioned strengths. Just requires a lot of things to go right to overcome less talent. With less talent the margin for error is extremly small.
[-] The following 2 users Like dirkfansince1998's post:
  • Jmaciscool, KillerLeft
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Midseason grades vs championship expectations - by dirkfansince1998 - 01-14-2022, 07:44 PM