Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Locked on Mavs talks to Jake Kemp
(12-29-2021, 05:21 PM)TXBamanut Wrote: I've been saying that thing about the ball movement for months and most of the people who respond disagree.  The replacement players are giving credence to what I've been saying since last year.

Everyone criticized KP for talking about the lack of ball movement as jealousy of Luka or selfishness just wanting his shots, but I said then, we DON'T move the ball.  I don't think he meant that at all.

Luka dribbles until he takes the shot or very unselfishly gets someone a great shot, but you can't win that way all the time at all.  It's good to have that in your bag, even rely on it at crucial times, but that can't BE your bag.

The MMB people kept saying you have to play heliocentric around Luka because he's the best player on the court and I told him unless Luka can score 50 ppg and hand out 20 apg for an entire season and then playoffs, you are going to kill him and still be a first round out.

I mean, dang.

It's why I prefer Luka at SF instead of PG. Ball movement. If necessary Luka can take the ball and go, as he usually does, when needed, but to me, dribble-dribble-dribble is not conducive to winning basketball.
[-] The following 4 users Like david75090's post:
  • BackToSquareOne, dmavs4life03, F Gump, TXBamanut
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
Locked on Mavs talks to Jake Kemp - by fifteenth - 12-29-2021, 01:35 PM
RE: Locked on Mavs talks to Jake Kemp - by cow - 12-29-2021, 05:09 PM
RE: Locked on Mavs talks to Jake Kemp - by david75090 - 12-29-2021, 06:01 PM
RE: Locked on Mavs talks to Jake Kemp - by F Gump - 12-29-2021, 09:48 PM