Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ranking the Mavs' non-Luka/KP players
(11-12-2019, 02:14 PM)Fuerza1 Wrote:
(11-12-2019, 01:39 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: Yeah, Fuerza has some sort of agenda against Seth. Seth was way more than just a spot-up three-shooter for the Mavs three years ago. Seth is playing poorly overall this year, but I suspect that Fuerza's main agenda has to do with his avatar.
Zero agenda. Lets look at the facts:

Seth has the second worst on/off court on the team at -13.6; since becoming the starter, he's at a -27.1! His defensive rating has been the worst on the team in that span.

Maybe you don't like those "advanced analytics" anymore. That's okay. Lets look at the basics:

Since becoming the starter, Seth is averaging 37% from the field, 33% from 3PT, 1 apg, 1 rpg. This is like looking at a Barnes box score a year ago. At least Seth did well against powerhouses in CLE and MEM though.

I don't dispute at all that Seth has played poorly this year. I'm not part of the "start Seth" crew. However, you have been his biggest basher this year. Taking into account that two seasons ago was a lost year to injury for Seth, he 1) was far more than just a spot-up three shooter for the Mavs three seasons ago, and 2) last year had good analytics as an on-ball guard. We ought to be seeing better numbers (including advanced analytics) from him than we're getting.

I think it's clear that Wright was signed to be a starter. We need to stop catering to his touches whinging and start him.

Wright
Luka
DFS
KP
Maxi

Brunson
Curry
Justin
Powell
Bobi

THJ
JJB
RFA
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ranking the Mavs' non-Luka/KP players - by Scott41theMavs - 11-12-2019, 02:30 PM