Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ranking the Mavs' non-Luka/KP players
Ranking as of 12/9/19:

1) Wright. How can I put him so high on this list after 2 somewhat weak offensive games, a game in which he was injured, and a game he missed? Because of that last one. The bench absolutely collapsed without him. Third most-important current Mavs player, by a big margin. 

2) Hardaway. He was off offensively before the Kings game, but the threat that he'll get hot is often enough. 

3) JJB. Good things happen when he plays, even when his shot isn't falling. 

4) Bobi. Hard to put him lower after that monster game. 

5) Brunson. I'm actually tempted to put him lower after the Kings game, but that Wolves game... second Pels game was good, too. 

6) DFS. As I've said before, he's a spare, but he's our spare, and he plays with heart and energy. Being one of Luka's best buds on the team (along with Barea and Bobi, afaics) helps too.

7) Powell. He doesn't always hit all of his shots, but at least he's playing hard and looks more comfortable. He'll never be a worthy starter for a contender, but that isn't his fault. If he can hit that three consistently to complement the rim rolls, he deserves some court time. 

8) Curry. Was great against the Pels, and part of the problem against the Kings. 

9) Kleber. Another one whose ranking is hurt because of the Kings game. However, he's still a huge part of why the bench is usually good, with his defense and chipping in a bit on offense, and would certainly be ranked above Powell if Powell hadn't had that huge game against the Wolves.

10) Justin. Rough week for the young man. 

11) Lee. Showed well in garbage time. 

12) RFA. Inactive this week.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ranking the Mavs' non-Luka/KP players - by Scott41theMavs - 12-09-2019, 09:36 PM