Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Here's what the team would look like....
There is no way to make the Mavs less of a free agent destination because they are already at the bottom of the barrel.  

Zero chance Ball had interest in being here.  DeRozan I'm less sure on but If I had to guess, I'd lean towards no.  Give Caruso the Bullock Contract minus the partial gaurentee and I think he was a realistic get.  

I get the argument about not being able to upgrade KP or THJ so that's why we needed to keep them, but to what end?  We are a bottom seed team in the West and making it to the second round is probably the best case scenario.  If the idea is to win championships, you have to get off this treadmill of being too good to tank but not near good enough to contend.  And yes, Luka limits the bottom end of tanking.

And I get that argument that the Mavs are atrocious at drafting and attracting free agent.  To that I say, get better at drafting.  And once you have a core of young talent it becomes easier to recruit  the veteran who is the cherry on top (CP3 to the Suns, Jrue to the Bucks).  And hopefully by then the front office has figured out how to place nice with the other GMs in the league.  

It's fine to disagree, but I just don't think this roster is salvageable and all you can really maneuver for  are role players that you'll have to give up future draft picks for which is just going to further delay/hamper the inevitable rebuild.  I saw someone earlier advocating for trading Powell and 2x FRPs for RoCo and that is the exact move I'd dread at this point.
[-] The following 1 user Likes cow's post:
  • Paul Gasol
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Here's what the team would look like.... - by cow - 12-05-2021, 07:39 PM