Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Here's what the team would look like....
..if you traded KP for a bag of magic beans (projects and draft picks) like many folks wanted to this offseason.  The Grizzlies game would be the best case every night.

Then IF you hit on the draft pick (hopefully the #1 pick that the MAVS have NEVER gotten, no matter how terrible their record, in the history of the NBA), you'd have to hit on the player and then wait for 2-3 years for him to become viable...and then, are you cool with where Luka would be then?   Either worn down from getting hte Michael Finley treatment because we don't have anything else or pissed off and ready to leave when his contract is up...

And here's the kicker...there is no guarantee that any of those measures you hoped would save you or would bring out of the H-E-double hockey sticks you are in as a franchise.  You would be making less money as a team, be LESS of a destination than you were, and the return to the 90s might be closer than you think.

It looks bad now, but we are in a better place now, than if we would have traded KP this summer.  Even with the injury, his trade value is more now than it was then.

Don't let your money get mad, Mavs Twitter.  As bad as it is, it can get worse if you just freak out and do something out of anger and frustration.  Of course, it doesn't seem so far that Mark will do anything...I admit, but December 15 is in 10 days, adn I hope that seeing JKidd's frustration, his experimentation and Nico's reputation as a smart guy, something may happen that helps.   I hate waiting, but the alternative of just blowing it up to blow it up is worse.
"There are no friends on the court." - Luka Doncic
[-] The following 1 user Likes TXBamanut's post:
  • ClutchDirk
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
Here's what the team would look like.... - by TXBamanut - 12-05-2021, 07:10 PM