Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
New Dark Theme In the Works
(11-03-2019, 12:54 PM)Magickian Wrote:
(11-03-2019, 07:26 AM)SportPsychMav Wrote: Not a favorite of me but, I don't have to use it. I very much appreciate your effort Magick!!!

On a sidenote: It seems like there are some global css properties shared by all the themes and they rea interacting with one another. 

At least there are changes in the light theme as well. Some buttons moved. Stars are red now. Embedded stuff is super small.

Now after more switches the light theme is back to normal. Seems to be a cache thing.

Well themes are super complex when the foundation isn't structured in a good way.

It's nice to give users options but in the end it is most times more problematic than useful.

It's better to have one thing working properly and more cost efficient as well. 

Optimizing for different systems and hardware is a pain in the ass already.

Yes I know it’s easier to have just one... but I keep trying to express to you that not any single one theme seems to work perfectly right now because they are incompatible with the new forum software thatJUST released so all of these themes are outdated

I was on this site programming in code from 1pm until 4am... first with the themes we had and then with this new theme

I can’t win them all

I get you seem to be really critical of some of the issues, but I can’t fix them all due to some of these compatibility issues

So we just have to aim for the best we can and wait until the forum is upgraded to 2.0 then we will see the community themes and forum software on the same page again...

I have definitely gotten more votes for dark themes so this one is my favorite and I am just trying to make ONe theme great but it also seems nothing is good enough when I try sometimes haha

I did state this one isn’t finished and the replies function is broken at the moment and I’ll fix it so I’m not sure why that was brought up as an issue as I stated it’s not ready yet

But it’s a lot further than it was out of the box

The global.css doesn’t work with all of the themes that’s actually not how this software works

But yes there are cache issues that sometimes occur

That is again like I said because I can only get this so perfect

I’d wish maybe some of the things you’re seemingly super critical about you could recognize are just some ‘ take the good with the bad’ type of outlook we will need to have until this software is updated

In the meantime I am TRYING to please you all but while I please some others complain sooo I can’t win it all with you all

But I’m spending a ton of hours trying and patience.... I’m just asking we have patience about some of these things...

The major problem with me just hiring a coder is it will take them hours likely to just figure out where everything is like I have.... so I can’t afford to hire them for hours just to first get acclimated and then hope they can do a better job than I... this software isn’t perfect... I maybe should have chosen a different forum software but I thought some of the features were great and so I’ve been trying to make it work

In the end I will likely have one dark theme and one light one

If it were my way I’d get rid of that ugly light theme and just use this one when I get it finished

But people like you also like the light theme....

So yeah your own suggestion is contradicted by your own preferences...

So I appreciate the comments from everyone but please, some of you try to not be so nit picky about it all

It’s not like a flip of a switch or a little poking around and I can fix it

It takes hours and days of work to accomplish these tasks and they aren’t even what everyone always wants and some complain after I do it so... that is kind of frustrating haha

This theme is a million times better then when I bought it, and I am not done setting it up I just wanted to give a preview as this is the one I plan to make as our default because it works the best (what doesn’t work yet i am still working on..... there was a ton more broken before I fixed it I’m just not done yet with this theme)

I am not that critical. I really appreciate your work. I merely stated opinions and made suggestions. 
My goal was not to put you under pressure. You are not obligated to change anything. 
The Forum works great for me the way it is. 

Suggestions and feedback are not meant to be a burden.

I know from my own experience how hard it is to dig through a code you have not written yourself. A code that is likely commented on pretty bad.  

Making adjustments on a live version is always tricky. So many things have to be tested and simple adjustments can break the whole thing.

Now that the forum is established you can still in case of need migrate to a different software. Or making adjustments not on the live version but on a separate copy. Just pointing out options. You know them probably anyways.

There are ideals and there are realistic expectations. I do not expect you to create something instantly. You don't need to react to everything that members say. That would drive you nuts.

You cannot make it right for everyone anyways. 
Nobody here is expecting you to hire a coder.

You don't have to be perfect! The forum cannot be perfect.
Even if it stays like this it is fine enough!

I just want to help you out not push my preferences on you Magick
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
New Dark Theme In the Works - by Magickian - 11-03-2019, 06:01 AM
RE: New Dark Theme In the Works - by ClutchDirk - 11-03-2019, 06:22 AM
RE: New Dark Theme In the Works - by embellisher - 11-03-2019, 06:53 AM
RE: New Dark Theme In the Works - by ClutchDirk - 11-03-2019, 06:56 AM
RE: New Dark Theme In the Works - by Magickian - 11-03-2019, 12:54 PM
RE: New Dark Theme In the Works - by SportPsychMav - 11-03-2019, 01:10 PM
RE: New Dark Theme In the Works - by Magickian - 11-03-2019, 01:17 PM
RE: New Dark Theme In the Works - by Bonk - 11-06-2019, 08:09 AM
RE: New Dark Theme In the Works - by SleepingHero - 11-03-2019, 05:29 PM