Poll: Who will win the game? (Lakers 1.5 pt favs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
80.00%
24 80.00%
Lakers
20.00%
6 20.00%
Total 30 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
GAME 5: LAL Refs (4-1) @ DAL (3-2) | 110-119 OT loss | NBA admits missed call
(11-02-2019, 11:32 AM)Fuerza1 Wrote: The game doesn't come down to one play

No, it doesn't. Mavs played an excellent game yesterday. Excellent defense, hustle, outrebounded LAL by 20 rebounds. Yes, they made some mistakes and missed some free throws, but I dare to say they were better than LAL if not for the refs. I hate taking refs as an excuse because of a mistake here and there, but I dare to claim that I haven't seen such one sided refs in a long time and certainly shouldn't be the case in such a professional league.

Let me list just some of the things I remember:
- non existent offensive foul on DFS against LeBron. No idea what the refs saw there other than LeBron throwing himself to the ground
- offensive foul on Luka against Bradley (push by off ball hand). Ok, I could agree it was correct call. But then a couple of plays later LeBron does exactly the same thing against DFS (or perhaps THJ) with no whistle
- offensive foul on Luka against LeBron, who was moving and probably staying in the area below the rim. Please mind these first three incidents also account for three Mavs lost balls.
- no calls on Bradley reaches against Luka until the final minutes of the game
- no call on LeBron travelling inident in the second half
- no call on Caruso offensive foul for holding hands with Maxi
- contact between Howard and Luka resulting in three stitches for Luka. Luka had the ball and Howard definitely went into him, it wasn't just accidental bump of the heads while fighting for the ball
- no call on Howard holding Seth

Please mind half of these were very obvious calls that professionals should have no problem to see. 

Other than that - nice game, move on to the next ones. A couple of must win games coming now.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 5: LAL Refs (4-1) @ DAL (3-2) | 110-119 OT loss - by omahen - 11-02-2019, 12:38 PM