Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Of Freedom, Country and Vaccination
(10-03-2021, 10:17 AM)Dahlsim Wrote: So here is the crux of the issue.  

Do you believe in free speech and freedom of expression so that even those with flawed opinions and those whose science is pseudoscience have the freedom and liberty to air their opinions, data and interpretation in the court of public opinion? 

If you don't trust and allow the people themselves to decide which arguments are flawed and which science based presentations and interpretations of studies should be believed, then WHO do you say should be telling us this is science and that is pseudoscience?  

Again, if you don't trust the people themselves to determine for themselves then who do you say should be telling society which opinions are flawed and which are not?     
That is the crux of free speech isn't it?     Free speech allows the public, the people to decide for themselves and live with those consequences.  

If you are saying some specific "experts" are designated to make these decisions for you as to what is real science then aren't you going by faith now in those you consider experts and not really examining the science vs pseudoscience claim for yourself?  

If you're talking about experts, my point has been that there are medical professionals at the highest credentialed levels that do not agree on many of the very points people are stating as facts in this thread.   I've shared here public video from just a few of the Medical Doctors and Scientists that are presenting information and pointing to studies, even though good studies are often lacking. 

DR. Lawrence Palevsky is just one example and he himself fought through a life threatening bout with Covid before reaching his current opinions.  There many more at every level of "expert" credentialing. 
Dr. Lawrence Palevsky

Again, I am not anti-vaccine.  I go out of my way to hear all sides when there is disagreement.  
The issue here that is clear to me is that one side of the debate is being freely expressed and widely promoted while the other side is clearly being suppressed even forcibly in such a way that I have never seen it in my lifetime.  
It is impossible to square this with constitution of the United States so that is being openly violated.  President Biden himself is on record saying months ago that he and his advisors didn't think forced vaccinations would pass a constitutional test and challenge

In a free society we must not tolerate the suppression to these people and their data or ideas.  There will be and already are consequences if we do continue to tolerate.  Some of those consequences are truly severe.   

If we tolerate it we the people will be calling things science but operating by faith in those we empower to tell us what is the real science.

That´s the beauty of science. It comes with a review system. Cannot publish anything in a medical journey without going through the process.  It´s not one person or a group of experts. It´s a world wide network of people. I don´t claim that it is without fault but it is far more trustworthy than the personal opinion of random people or interest groups.
Problem in recent years was that bigger media outlets aren´t willing to wait. They are publishing things that are still in the review process. Especially when it comes to COVID related research.
Going back to the individual opinion and freedom discussion. If you want to listen to the people you actually have to do the work and not just accept that there are different opinions. Or to use a popular quote. Do your own research. 
If you want to go down the route you are proposing. Equally valuing every possible opinion. We might as well all live in different realities. The earth is flat. Who am I to argue that it isn´t? Someone told me that the sky is green. I think it is blue but I have to tolerate his opinion. Maybe he is right.
Where do you draw the line? Hate speech? Spreeding missinformation that endangers other people? Nowhere?
Do we have to give up on everything humanity discovered because people didn´t do their own research or can we accept certain things as facts?
[-] The following 3 users Like dirkfansince1998's post:
  • fifteenth, Jannemann2, mvossman
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
Of Freedom, Country and Vaccination - by omahen - 09-30-2021, 02:55 PM
RE: Of Freedom, Country and Vaccination - [split] from MAVS NEWS - by dirkfansince1998 - 10-03-2021, 11:13 AM