Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Of Freedom, Country and Vaccination
@"fifteenth" going full mod mode on us. I like it.

To add a few things...

(2 hours ago)luka_skywalker_77 Wrote: Wrote:Freedom is what sets the US apart from any other country in civilization and it's quite the shame that people these days seem to not understand that.

Compared to North Korea or Afghanistan. Sure. Compared to Western Europe, Canada, New Zealand or Australia. Not so much. Take a look at the freedom index, democracy index, press freedom index or similar projects. Sad part is that the US are actually on a downwards spiral. And it´s not because of mask or vaccination mandates.

(2 hours ago)KillerLeft Wrote: Wrote:No, I'm an American! There are definitely things that make me love America above all other countries, but what we're talking about here is not one of them.

And that´s fair. Having lived in both the US and Germany I don´t really feel a tangible difference when it comes to personal freedom. We still have mask mandates and now we are seeing a similar development when it comes to vaccinations.
Not to say that we don´t have our own weird freedom discussions. Current topic (honestly a popular topic all the time)...speed limit. Feels like every single developed country in the world enforces a speed limit. Not Germany. You cannot take away our freedom to go 150mph on the "Autobahn". Who cares about traffic deaths or climate change. I really don´t get them.
I would put all mentioned examples in the same category. My personal freedom ends when it starts to impact the freedom of others. We even had an interesting ruling from the Federal Constitutional Court. Forcing the current government to be more active in the fight against climate change because not doing enough would have an impact on the life and freedom of future generations.
[-] The following 3 users Like dirkfansince1998's post:
  • fifteenth, Jannemann2, Mapka
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
Of Freedom, Country and Vaccination - by omahen - 09-30-2021, 02:55 PM
RE: Of Freedom, Country and Vaccination - [split] from MAVS NEWS - by dirkfansince1998 - 09-30-2021, 06:24 PM