Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Of Freedom, Country and Vaccination
(09-30-2021, 03:26 PM)luka_skywalker_77 Wrote: Freedom is what sets the US apart from any other country in civilization and it's quite the shame that people these days seem to not understand that.

Both of my Grandfathers and a step Grandfather fought in WWII, my guy. I've lost them all now, but believe me I've talked with them for HOURS about what that meant to them - why it was important. 

Did you miss the part where @"omahen" just basically said everything is the same in his country? My point is not that freedom isn't great, it's that the US is not the only country that has freedom. Far, far from it. I've spent time in China, Turkey and Greece. All of those places were quite different from our country, but in all of those places people actually seemed fairly free. Some of what we think we have over everyone else in this world is only our head. I know that to be factual, not my opinion, because I've been there. I've seen it. Now...would I want to live anywhere else? No, I'm an American! There are definitely things that make me love America above all other countries, but what we're talking about here is not one of them.

(09-30-2021, 03:26 PM)luka_skywalker_77 Wrote: They have far more legitimate reasons to feel the way they do and i promise you that you never spent one minutes speaking with more than 1 person about that.

Some do. Many, many don't. I have spoken to some on both sides of that coin. At the end of the day, it's kind of not something I feel falls into the "none of our business" category, actually. It's a matter of public health, yeah? Clearly, not everyone agrees with this take because there are some who feel exactly like you do. Even as I was typing the earlier post, I knew it was a bad idea to post it. It wasn't my intention to trigger anyone (or to bring politics into this forum at all). I apologize for doing so. 

But, every assumption you just made about me is false. That's ok.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • fifteenth
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
Of Freedom, Country and Vaccination - by omahen - 09-30-2021, 02:55 PM
RE: MAVS NEWS: Luka, THJ, DFS, KP & DP to start | Vax rate ~90% - by KillerLeft - 09-30-2021, 03:40 PM