Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Why the Mavs are Potentially Much Better Already...
(04-26-2022, 10:03 AM)Kammrath Wrote: I do not disagree with this. Yet it is amazing how much a reliable and consistent decent-to-good defender has helped the Mavs team D. Kidd leans on RB as much as he leans on DFS. Those two guys are SO important to what Kidd is doing.

Totally agree on fit.  I have felt the blueprint for this team with Kidd at coach is to have two playmakers that don't kill you on defense on the court (Luka, Brunson, Din), 2 3&D guys that don't kill you on offense (DFS, Bullock, Maxi) and a defensive oriented center that does not kill you on offense (Maxi, Powell).  There is hope that Green can join that 3&D group next year, and if we manage to get a defensive center in the offseason then Maxi will be able to play that role more often.

If there is a negative right now, its that we have 36 mil tied up in guys that don't really fit that blueprint.  Bertans is the cost of dumping KP, but I do have hope that we can trade THJ for a defensive center.  In my mind, that would be the final move to get this roster perfectly suited for Kidd.
[-] The following 1 user Likes mvossman's post:
  • MFFL
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why the Mavs are Potentially Much Better Already... - by mvossman - 04-26-2022, 12:23 PM