Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Why the Mavs are Potentially Much Better Already...
(08-25-2021, 03:38 PM)HAguiar95 Wrote: If we assume that, who gets his minutes and more important, his ROLE (I think that's the point we're trying to say)? Is it Bullock?

I certainly don't want Luka playing 48 minutes like Durant did. There has to be a better replacement (Bullock can't create either and I'm expecting his defense to be similar to J-Rich's, Bullock is a better shooter for sure, but J-Rich did a bit of penetration/mid-range game, sometmes needed). If we get Dragic, then maybe we can talk. As long as the team is currently, there are no one capable of handling the ball besides Luka/Brunson.

Hey, maybe JB evolves into the secondary Ball-handler we need (would require an improvement to play 30mpg, some in the league view him as a starter in other teams, why not here?). He already does it with the bench mob. For now, the team did not get much better (as the thread proposed).

I would say Bullock will get the most minutes that JR once had. 

I get that JR was given a little playmaking role last year. But from my seat (and this is just based off of observation and not hard data), I felt like it added nothing to the team overall. I don't think JR having the ball helped anything and I don't think it will be missed at all (like even one little bit). 

I think this team as currently constructed is clearly counting on Luka and JB a lot.....and so did last year's team. I think the Mavs need a third guy to add to that (and I think they know that as well). I do not think that third guy needs to have a LARGE role, but just fill spot duty as needed. I think Dragic is ideal for that. But I think the Mavs have TIME, in the sense that they don't HAVE to do anything before the trade deadline (unless there is an injury to Luka or JB).
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why the Mavs are Potentially Much Better Already... - by Kammrath - 08-25-2021, 03:49 PM