Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Why the Mavs are Potentially Much Better Already...
I think it was clear SG position is a position of need. Mavs acknowledged this months ago. First by speaking of secondary facilitator and later targeting Lowry. However, what they did so far really doesn't impress me, to put it mildly. Based on salary it is actually THJ who is replacing JRich. We already had THJ last year and it is pretty clear Luka-THJ-KP is not good enough. Only Luka can create and none really proved to be a great defender. The remaining two spots will be filled with 2 of DFS, Bullock and Maxi. So when speaking about Bullock, we are probably really questioning, if he is replacing Maxi in the starting five. 

Bullock is fine as a player, but I don't think it is enough. It is just more of the same we saw last two offseasons. In addition, I am really concerned how our rookies will get any minutes. Even if we push Burke to the end of rotation, Green has likely all of Luka, Brunson, THJ, Brown, Bullock and DFS ahead of him on positions 1-3. So one wonders - is it really so valuable to keep Green? I would love to keep him, but if you do you have to commit to him. 

After third year in a row, Mavs still have a bunch of role players while severly lacking top end talent. I trully hope we are not done this summer.
[-] The following 1 user Likes omahen's post:
  • ItsGoTime
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why the Mavs are Potentially Much Better Already... - by omahen - 08-06-2021, 10:56 AM