Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Why the Mavs are Potentially Much Better Already...
Reasons the Mavs will be better:

1. Kidd. Honestly I can see a guy like JKidd planning to just give Luka the ball and let him be a point guard. I mean no one complains about Embiid's usage rate. No one wanted to take the ball out of prime Lebron's hands, or MJ, Magic, Kidd himself. Just put some better shooters around Luka and go win an MVP.

2. KP. He's clearly this team's second best player. Assuming he can stay healthy, and I think most people on this board expect a bounce back year. Let's not forget he was pretty good offensively last year.

3. Brunson. He often played like the team's second best player last year. Unfortunately he loses out in the cat & mouse matchups game vs the Clippers. Look at Brunson's splits. He averaged fewer minutes against LAC than any other team. Why? Matchups. When Brunson plays, the Clippers can put a tough vet defender on the floor like Beverely or Rondo. When Brunson sits and Beverly matches up with Luka the result is "You're too f'ing small". Luka forced the Clippers to play Jackson - and also sit Zubacs. That should be favorable for Dallas, but unfortunately Jackson played out of his mind. 

4. The subject of this thread is spot on. Simply replacing JRich with shooters should help. Prediction: Bullock starts, averages 30 MIN and 14 PPG. He will have a career year.
[-] The following 2 users Like vfromlmf's post:
  • fifteenth, Kammrath
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why the Mavs are Potentially Much Better Already... - by vfromlmf - 08-06-2021, 10:05 AM