Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Why the Mavs are Potentially Much Better Already...
I think we’re pretty much the same team. Maybe slightly better fit-wise but you also have to factor in a new system/coach that will take time for everybody to get adjusted to. We’ll see.

Signing Bullock looks good to me, but personally I was hoping for a lot more this offseason. I dont think the results of the last years deserve that high of a level of continuity. But hey maybe it’s gonna work this time with once again Timmy being our second best/consistent player. 

This was the last summer for a while where we had a clear path to some upgrades via caproom. Now we’re looking at the trade-avenue almost exclusively with a once again limited/non existent asset base. OTOH the team’s best bench player (Brunson) and wing defender (DFS) will be up for extensions in 12 months as UFAs. If they get raises you quickly will reach the next big roster building question mark (will Cuban ever pay luxury tax again? He hasn’t for a decade).

I really don’t think we did enough. Just like 2019 and 2020. I don’t want to be so negative all the time, but Imo I the big picture outlook of the organization is pretty terrible. I would not fault Luka one bit for bolting the first opportunity he gets. 

Will he ever get to play with a second Allstar (or better: all Nba guy) during his time in DAL? Right now none of our guys are close and we’re also not close to having the trade ammunition for someone of that caliber.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why the Mavs are Potentially Much Better Already... - by JamesConway - 08-06-2021, 05:01 AM