Poll: Who will win the game (Mavs are 2.5 pt favs)?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
80.00%
12 80.00%
Trail Blazers
20.00%
3 20.00%
Total 15 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
GAME 3: POR (2-1) @ DAL (2-1) | 119-121 loss
(10-28-2019, 09:23 AM)fifteenth Wrote:
(10-28-2019, 09:04 AM)bartlettbear Wrote: Everyone is saying Luka needs go to the basket, what we are saying that is coaches job to put players in position to do that.  If Luka is taking bad shots (we all agree he was)  you call a play where he catches the ball on the block plain and simple that is coaching that is what coaches do. You all believe it is on the player to adjust but that is what coaches main job is.

bb I can't take your RC stuff seriously because you'd criticize Rick for losing even if we lost by Luka going to basket and missing a shot at the rim or missing a floater. 

You and I have no idea what Rick and Luka talk about regarding these situations. Also, I said that Luka should have taken the ball to the basket because the second half told me that the team didn't have their legs. I think Rick may have told the team this because in the 4th quarter they did go to the basket more (but I have no idea what he told them). 

So yes, I think Luka should have gone to the basket. But that doesn't mean "Luka is taking bad shots" in general. Luka often makes those shots. He's won games with those shots. I don't want him to stop taking those shots. I just thought the situation last night called for going to the basket. 

But your scenario doesn't make sense because Luka is lethal at getting to the basket by starting from the perimeter. Rick doesn't have to call a play where Luka gets the ball on the block. Rick can tell him to try to get to the basket (I have no idea whether he did or not), but even then, Luka is the one with the ball in his hands, and this superstar/coach relationship surely involves Rick giving Luka a certain amount of leeway.

Wasn't it just last game where we had the story of RC yelling at Luka to "GO, GO" and Luka walking the ball up. It was either that or him waiving off an RC play to do what he thought should be done. In other words, just because the coach says it, doesn't mean the players always execute, or even try to do it. Fif is also right, we have no clue the conversations RC has with his players, so there's no possible way anyone can have a definitive thought on what he should've and shouldn't have done/said.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 3: POR (2-1) @ DAL (2-1) | 119-121 loss - by ItsGoTime - 10-28-2019, 09:39 AM