Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Anyone else concerned about Porzingis?
(11-03-2019, 09:35 AM)Fuerza1 Wrote: KP's much closer to a Josh Howard or Michael Finley.   

Now THATS a take.

I vehemently disagree. Neither J-Ho or Fin ever averaged anything close to KP, nor were as complete as a player as KP is. The only time either of them were close to KP was Fin in 1999-00, putting up up 22 and 6.

KP is a legit franchise cornerstone, that just so happens to play with another franchise cornerstone. KP is also playing himself into game shape and no matter how much he trained over this summer, he's still going to need to shake off the rust. I find it remarkable that after 1 year and 8 months, KP is averaging 21ppg, 8rpg, and 2bpg. I cannot wait till he gets more comfortable and him and Luka build chemistry. 

I think his shot selection is what it is currently because those are the shots he's being asked to take. Carlisle wants KP to take these long 3's, because he can. It forces defenses to stay honest. I would prefer KP to get more opportunities in the mid range, but I think KP should be taking close to 6-7 3's a game, and to think he can get 6-7 clean 3's a game is near impossible given how much attention he rightfully gets from defenses.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Anyone else concerned about Porzingis? - by SleepingHero - 11-03-2019, 02:15 PM