Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Anyone else concerned about Porzingis?
(11-02-2019, 12:48 AM)LukstapsPorzingic Wrote: All the Dirk comparisons have set expectations extremely high for KP. I don't think he'll ever be that dominant, but he's definitely capable of becoming a great #2 option over the next few years.

TBH, that's what people used to say about Dirk.

(11-02-2019, 11:02 AM)vfromlmf Wrote:
(11-02-2019, 10:27 AM)SportPsychMav Wrote: He does not display an aggressive dominant personality to me

It's got to be a little humbling playing with Doncic.

This. TBH, I thought like KP looked like a big p-word in the second half last night. One thing I noticed is that, his role is as a weak-side defender, but he seemed frequently scared to leave his man to defend the shot. There were at least three-five instances in the second half where he didn't challenge the shooter at the rim in a post-up situation, when he could have clearly had a block with one step and a challenge. I don't know what's going on with him psychologically, but I hope Luka gave him an earful after the game. Good news is we have a good stretch of cupcakes for him to get things right. Overall, that aside, I think the comments in this thread about adjusting to his role on on-point.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread