Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 4.5 pt favs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
64.71%
11 64.71%
Spurs
35.29%
6 35.29%
Total 17 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 13: SAS (5-9) @ DAL (8-5) | 117-110 win
Keys:
  • Let's beat them hard: Spurs games are always extra special and it's actually even a fairly important game for the Mavs. Win this and you not only get some separation to the 9th seed, but also have a really good shot at going on a little win streak before things get really tough in the schedule. Spurs are reeling lately against a relatively light schedule due to their paltry defense. So let's push them towards the lottery even more!
  • Spurs weird offense: San Antonio presents a different challenge defensively. They by far take the most long twos in the 10-3pt range and the fewest shots behind the arc and at the rim. Besides this very analytics unfriendly approach, they feature a potent offense. So the Mavs might want to guard the midrange shot tonight although that's generally something are willing to give the opponent.
  • Battle of the boards: The shot selection of the Spurs might not be the best, but they are a great rebounding team both offensively and defensively. Our front court really has to be up for the challenge.
  • Known Mavs killer LA: Dallas native LaMarcus Aldridge just loves to play in the AAC. He is a known Mavs killer and had some pretty big games already this season. As he ages he's more up and down though and I hope that KP is willing to guard him. He might have the best shot because Maxi, albeit fierce, might be a little too small for him and not strong enough in the post.
  • Let's keep the starting unit: I would be surprised to see any changes to the starting lineup. If they don't want KP to guard LA maybe BOBAN could make an appearance, but I'd like them to stick to what's working.
  • Has Seth finally arrived? Seth had that great game against Toronto and I severely hope he'll be able to finally establish himself as an important piece in the rotation.
  • Delon as 6th man: Wright is not a flashy player at all, but dang he has been one of the most consistent guys so far. Even if he's not the first off the bench I hope he'll get the most minutes outside the starting unit for now.
  • KP is due for a big shooting night: KP gets open looks, but is not able to convert them so far. I think he'll eventually have a monster night based on the shots he's taking. That's also true for our three point shooting in general. We are only a mediocre shooting team, but the last two games were especially tough.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 13: SAS (5-8) @ DAL (7-5) | Nov 18, 7:30 pm | Mavs 4.5 pt favs - by j0Shi - 11-18-2019, 02:46 PM