Poll: Will JRich wear a Mavs jersey in November
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
8.89%
4 8.89%
No
91.11%
41 91.11%
Total 45 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will JRich be a Maverick in November
I don’t think he will be here, but I’m not sure on the how.  This is a Duffy guy, so we can’t just send him to Siberia.  Parking him on the bench for a year isn’t the best strategy either from an agent relations standpoint.   It would be nice if he were to opt out as we’d have a clean slate to work with.  But you can also leverage his salary if he opts in and you find the right situation.

He could actually opt in before the draft to facilitate a draft day deal if he approved the destination.  Otherwise, he’d just wait until after the draft.  He has to decide by at least 8/1 and Dallas could trade him before free agency starts if they had a deal they liked.

If he opts in, the most useful he could be is in signing a FA away from a team with hard cap issues that needs to fill the slot and can’t use the MLE or a S&T.  We can agree to sign someone for up to $16.6 and then work out the S&T as JRich is a straight trade, not a S&T.  You don’t get the leverage if you sign a higher dollar player, but you still get to spend all of your $34mm.  I’ve long thought he might end up in Chicago largely because Duffy has so much leverage there.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
Will JRich be a Maverick in November - by omahen - 07-18-2021, 05:43 AM
RE: Will JRich be a Maverick in November - by DanSchwartzgan - 07-18-2021, 07:38 AM
RE: Will JRich be a Maverick in November - by cow - 07-18-2021, 12:20 PM
RE: Will JRich be a Maverick in November - by cow - 07-18-2021, 03:42 PM
RE: Will JRich be a Maverick in November - by Mak - 07-20-2021, 07:52 AM
RE: Will JRich be a Maverick in November - by cow - 08-01-2021, 10:00 PM