Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dameris and Followill on the Presser
So now we are so petty that we are deleting posts.  Yep...knew it.

(07-16-2021, 08:32 PM)mavsluvr Wrote: I'm not sure why you keep insisting on these non sequiturs. 

If things aren't looking better after a while, that doesn't prove that the issue was mostly structural and that there were no substantial personnel problems. Maybe both existed to a significant degree. Or, maybe external factors intervene, like a bad Luka injury, and the team suffers a setback, even though the organization is well run. 

It also works in reverse. If the structure continues unchanged, and the team has a good season, that doesn't prove that the structure was perfect or nearly so. 

If you really want to try to identify who made the most mistakes, who made the dumbest mistakes, who made the most consequential mistakes, etc.,  I suppose we could try to have that discussion. But we don't really have enough information for that kind of analysis, and what would be served by it, anyway?

Why not just try to evaluate what structural imperfections appear to exist, what personnel issues seem to have been problems, and how/whether they're being addressed? And continue to evaluate during the season, rather than reaching a conclusion that it was mostly X's fault, and closing the books on the spirit of inquiry? 

I realize now that you are trying to make sure that we aren't knee-jerking too much in favor of Carlisle and against Cuban, and I get that. But it seems to me that this chase you are conducting after who's-the-bad-guy is not particularly useful. It is perfectly possible to point out Carlisle's shortcomings and some of Cuban's advantages without all this "you're gonna see I'm right and you're wrong" framing.

Yep... (replacement of deleted post)
"There are no friends on the court." - Luka Doncic
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dameris and Followill on the Presser - by cow - 07-15-2021, 06:50 PM
RE: Dameris and Followill on the Presser - by cow - 07-16-2021, 04:18 PM
RE: Dameris and Followill on the Presser - by cow - 07-16-2021, 04:36 PM
RE: Dameris and Followill on the Presser - by TXBamanut - 07-17-2021, 10:51 AM
RE: Dameris and Followill on the Presser - by Mak - 07-17-2021, 08:53 PM
RE: Dameris and Followill on the Presser - by cow - 07-19-2021, 02:35 PM
RE: Dameris and Followill on the Presser - by cow - 07-19-2021, 02:49 PM
RE: Dameris and Followill on the Presser - by cow - 07-19-2021, 03:06 PM