Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dameris and Followill on the Presser
(07-16-2021, 09:39 PM)Kammrath Wrote: I am actually not "consumed" with proving someone is the problem other than Cuban. I am only focused on trying to parse through what might be the root cause in this DAL dysfunction. 

As I have said repeatedly: Cuban might be the root issue. 

Part of me does not want to face the reality that Cuban is the "cancer" because of the implications it has as a fan of the Mavs.

Cuban making "mistakes" and Cuban being the SOURCE of the dysfunction and "cancer" are two very different things IMO.
I think we might be getting somewhere in getting to the root of your point of view. 

When we get to the bottom of problematic complex situations, we often discover that the sources of the problems are multifactorial, as you mention in your disease analogy. There is not necessarily (or even usually) only one cause. 

Agree with your last sentence. If Cuban made mistakes, that may indicate that he was a root cause, but doesn't necessarily indicate that he was the root cause. However, if he was a root cause, then removing the other causes will not necessarily solve the problems that he causes. 

Even if it were somehow determined that Cuban was responsible for over 50% of the dysfunction, that doesn't at all mean that the Mavs are doomed. He is presumably able to learn from his mistakes. Unless he has a compelling emotional stake in refusing to believe that some of his decisions/managerial style were part of the problem. I do not accuse him of that type of thinking, and hope he is not employing it. I believe he has been realistic enough to publicly admit that he was wrong on a number of occasions. 

OTOH, even if we determined that Donnie and Rick accounted for 57% of the dysfunction, for example, it would still be beneficial to root out the other causes, including missteps that Cuban might be well advised to carefully consider. 

In sum, I don't follow the logic in deciding that mistakes related to Donnie and Carlisle are fair game, but looking at Cuban's contributions to the problems is off limits. Perhaps we don't disagree on this matter after all, I'm not sure at this point.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dameris and Followill on the Presser - by cow - 07-15-2021, 06:50 PM
RE: Dameris and Followill on the Presser - by cow - 07-16-2021, 04:18 PM
RE: Dameris and Followill on the Presser - by cow - 07-16-2021, 04:36 PM
RE: Dameris and Followill on the Presser - by mavsluvr - 07-16-2021, 10:47 PM
RE: Dameris and Followill on the Presser - by Mak - 07-17-2021, 08:53 PM
RE: Dameris and Followill on the Presser - by cow - 07-19-2021, 02:35 PM
RE: Dameris and Followill on the Presser - by cow - 07-19-2021, 02:49 PM
RE: Dameris and Followill on the Presser - by cow - 07-19-2021, 03:06 PM
RE: Dameris and Followill on the Presser - by cow - 07-19-2021, 03:30 PM