Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dameris and Followill on the Presser
(07-16-2021, 09:22 PM)mavsluvr Wrote: I'm not sure the cancer analogy really leads you where you seem to hope to be going. Most persons with cancer never know exactly how or why they got it. They can search for the cause all day, but focusing on treatment is usually far and away the most effective way to save their lives. 

Be that as it may, you seem to be consumed with trying to prove that someone (anyone!) besides Cuban was the devil or the root cause or whatever in this situation, and are not at all receptive to examining how Cuban might improve.

It seems you are now further clarifying your stance. You want to believe that someone besides Cuban is the root cause, because you don't like the potential ramifications if the answer is that Cuban was at fault. That tends to lead to the tendentious logic that you appear to be purveying. You are like a lawyer arguing a side, rather than a scholar who is in search of truth. 

I don't see why it is so terrible to admit it if it turns out that Cuban made some mistakes. If he can acknowledge them and grow from the experience, the team will be that much better off. Maybe even if he refuses to shore up a faulty structure for now, and after a season or two, the house is more rickety than ever, he gets the message. The important thing is that whatever went wrong gets fixed, no matter who made the original missteps. 

Even if we all agreed to believe wholeheartedly that none of the organization's issues are the result of Cuban's mistakes, that wouldn't change things a particle. Why be afraid to look at that?

Well for many people in Western Civ they never get to the bottom of the root cause of their cancer. But there are some people who radically change environment or diet and eliminate their cancer forever. I think the analogy works, but we can use a different one if you like. I am just using it as a metaphor.

I am actually not "consumed" with proving someone is the problem other than Cuban. I am only focused on trying to parse through what might be the root cause in this DAL dysfunction. 

As I have said repeatedly: Cuban might be the root issue. I will say it again: Cuban might be the root issue. I personally don't think the data points that way at this juncture. Do I think Cuban is without fault? Hell no. Never, ever said that. I will say it again: Cuban is not my favorite and I think he carries some significant blame in this. One more time: Cuban is not my favorite and I think he carries some significant blame in this. I will say it one other way: Cuban has clearly made some mistakes. I have never argued otherwise at ANY point. 

Is part of my current stance coming from bias? YES. Part of me does not want to face the reality that Cuban is the "cancer" because of the implications it has as a fan of the Mavs. I am aware of that bias in me. But the largest part of me, when analyzing the data I have seen, is hopeful not because of "wishful thinking" but because of what has all come out about some of the inner dynamics surrounding Donnie and RC. Is it possible that those issues point back to issues with Cuban? Absolutely. But I am not convinced that is the case with the evidence I have seen. I currently GUESS that Donnie and RC were the lion's share of the issue in the recent dysfunction. 

But even if that is true, and Donnie and RC were the major source of the "cancer," Cuban still carries a LOT of blame. Why did he not have tighter oversight on them? Why did he enable the dysfunction and let them carry on for so long? The buck stops with Cuban either way. I am hopeful he is learning from his mistakes (we all make them and they are incredible growth moments) and implementing a new way forward that adjusts based on these recent failures. But Cuban making "mistakes" and Cuban being the SOURCE of the dysfunction and "cancer" are two very different things IMO.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dameris and Followill on the Presser - by cow - 07-15-2021, 06:50 PM
RE: Dameris and Followill on the Presser - by cow - 07-16-2021, 04:18 PM
RE: Dameris and Followill on the Presser - by cow - 07-16-2021, 04:36 PM
RE: Dameris and Followill on the Presser - by Kammrath - 07-16-2021, 09:39 PM
RE: Dameris and Followill on the Presser - by Mak - 07-17-2021, 08:53 PM
RE: Dameris and Followill on the Presser - by cow - 07-19-2021, 02:35 PM
RE: Dameris and Followill on the Presser - by cow - 07-19-2021, 02:49 PM
RE: Dameris and Followill on the Presser - by cow - 07-19-2021, 03:06 PM
RE: Dameris and Followill on the Presser - by cow - 07-19-2021, 03:30 PM