Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dameris and Followill on the Presser
(07-16-2021, 08:58 PM)Kammrath Wrote: These aren't mutually exclusive. 

The point of trying to understand who is responsible for the lion's share of the dysfunction is incredibly important IMO. It is how you address the ROOT of an issue and to me that is the key in all this. 

It's like if I have cancer. I can focus on treatments, which is great and has a place, but if I do not look at my environment, diet, lifestyle, genetics, etc., then I won't be able to get to the source of the issue. We can treat symptoms...but that will never be enough if we aren't exploring root causes and eliminating them. It would be like constantly taking pepto bismol for stomach issues all while constantly drinking cow's milk and not exploring the idea that I am lactose intolerant.  

I think the Mavs organization has been revealed to have a sort of "cancer." Yes, let's talk about treatments and ways forward, but if we don't understand the actual source of the problem it will make no difference. If Cuban truly is the source of the dysfunction then we are in a REALLY tough spot. If Cuban is not the main source of the dysfunction then there is hope that he is not just quieting the symptoms (grumpy employees who are exposing his dysfunction) but is actually eliminating the causal source of the dysfunction. 

And I do not care about being "right" in all this. I see you guys as fellow journeyers in fandom, not as competition (that would be a miserable). I HOPE I am right ONLY because that means I am not screwed as a fan, rooting for a team that has an owner that is the source of the "cancer." If Cuban truly is the "cancer" behind all this I might seriously rethink spending time rooting for this team. That's not fun to think about.
I'm not sure the cancer analogy really leads you where you seem to hope to be going. Most persons with cancer never know exactly how or why they got it. They can search for the cause all day, but focusing on treatment is usually far and away the most effective way to save their lives. 

Be that as it may, you seem to be consumed with trying to prove that someone (anyone!) besides Cuban was the devil or the root cause or whatever in this situation, and are not at all receptive to examining how Cuban might improve.

It seems you are now further clarifying your stance. You want to believe that someone besides Cuban is the root cause, because you don't like the potential ramifications if the answer is that Cuban was at fault. That tends to lead to the tendentious logic that you appear to be purveying. You are like a lawyer arguing a side, rather than a scholar who is in search of truth. 

I don't see why it is so terrible to admit it if it turns out that Cuban made some mistakes. If he can acknowledge them and grow from the experience, the team will be that much better off. Maybe even if he refuses to shore up a faulty structure for now, and after a season or two, the house is more rickety than ever, he gets the message. The important thing is that whatever went wrong gets fixed, no matter who made the original missteps. 

Even if we all agreed to believe wholeheartedly that none of the organization's issues are the result of Cuban's mistakes, that wouldn't change things a particle. Why be afraid to look at that?
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dameris and Followill on the Presser - by cow - 07-15-2021, 06:50 PM
RE: Dameris and Followill on the Presser - by cow - 07-16-2021, 04:18 PM
RE: Dameris and Followill on the Presser - by cow - 07-16-2021, 04:36 PM
RE: Dameris and Followill on the Presser - by mavsluvr - 07-16-2021, 09:22 PM
RE: Dameris and Followill on the Presser - by Mak - 07-17-2021, 08:53 PM
RE: Dameris and Followill on the Presser - by cow - 07-19-2021, 02:35 PM
RE: Dameris and Followill on the Presser - by cow - 07-19-2021, 02:49 PM
RE: Dameris and Followill on the Presser - by cow - 07-19-2021, 03:06 PM
RE: Dameris and Followill on the Presser - by cow - 07-19-2021, 03:30 PM