Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dameris and Followill on the Presser
(07-16-2021, 04:18 PM)cow Wrote: I don't thing being negative of Cuban is unfair.  He ignored the business operations portion of the Mavs and look at that scandal.  With the triangle of trust falling apart this summer, it doesn't seem like he did a much better job of having organizational structure in place on the basketball operations side.  His comments in the presser were concerning as he seemed to talk out of both sides of his mouth.  Saying the decision structure is going to stay the same but then saying he hired Nico because of

I love the Nico hire and nothing we've heard from him has changed that.  It does give me some faith in the team moving forward.

Amen.

Cuban is a horrible public speaker, when pressed. The way he answered the Voulgaris question was cringe-worthy. Then he basically said he hired Harrison, cause the team had no hierarchy, structure or plan under the previous administration. That would be acceptable, if that group (owner/GM/coach) worked together for maybe 2-3 years. You worked with these guys for over a decade and now your conclusion is: We were winging it the whole time without any rhyme or reason.

They should call it the Compassion of Dirk, instead of Jesus from now on. I can only imagine what the conversations with Lebron or Kobe would have been like.

Kobe: So any progress on that 2nd superstar?
Cuban: Ah well you know, I´m working on some comics right now.
Kobe: Comics?
Cuban: Yeah for free agency.
Kobe: Who we pitching to?
Cuban: Well maybe Deron Williams.
Kobe: DERON WILLIAMS as my 2nd star?
Cuban: Relax maybe not, I got SharkTank to film.
Kobe: Let me see the presentation.
Cuban: What presentation?
Kobe: With the plan for the acquisition, we are not just showing comics?
Cuban: Right. Right. Donnie. Show him the presentation, the power pointy thingy.
Donnie: Right the presentation. *dials* Finley do you know how to do the power point, I only use excel spreadsheets.
Finley: Donnie, it´s 2007. I´m still playing for the San Antonio Spurs.
Donnie: You don´t say.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dameris and Followill on the Presser - by cow - 07-15-2021, 06:50 PM
RE: Dameris and Followill on the Presser - by cow - 07-16-2021, 04:18 PM
RE: Dameris and Followill on the Presser - by Mavs2021 - 07-16-2021, 04:54 PM
RE: Dameris and Followill on the Presser - by cow - 07-16-2021, 04:36 PM
RE: Dameris and Followill on the Presser - by Mak - 07-17-2021, 08:53 PM
RE: Dameris and Followill on the Presser - by cow - 07-19-2021, 02:35 PM
RE: Dameris and Followill on the Presser - by cow - 07-19-2021, 02:49 PM
RE: Dameris and Followill on the Presser - by cow - 07-19-2021, 03:06 PM
RE: Dameris and Followill on the Presser - by cow - 07-19-2021, 03:30 PM