Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dameris and Followill on the Presser
(07-16-2021, 04:16 PM)mavsluvr Wrote: So, you are endeavoring to provide a counterweight to what you perceive as the board being overly critical of Cuban and giving RC too much of a pass?

Correct. 

I don't like the board settling into what I perceive as "extreme" and "unnuanced" opinions and so I will often hop onto the side that I think is under represented to try to move things more toward what I perceive to be truth in all of its complexity. 

I think Cuban is an arrogant prick in so many ways who is lacking in self-awareness. But I also think he is a really smart guy who at least knows he doesn't know everything about basketball. I think he loves money and loves the Mavericks and wants to win above all. I think he LISTENS to the opinions and advice of those around him who he thinks will lead to winning. I think Cuban convinced himself (as much as many on this board) that RC was THE coaching ticket to winning and that RC should be listened to and followed basically into hell. I think Cuban even listened to RC on GMing type decisions too (just my hunch). I think Cuban's trust in RC was misguided (I could be wrong of course and time may prove that). 

But that doesn't mean RC is the worst thing. He was awesome those first few years in DAL. A much needed change of voice that really captured those first rosters and got amazing things out of them. But the last ten years? I think his dark sides started to fester and things were mostly below average. I suspect the success he had in his first three years in DAL might have gone to his head. 

But I digress....to your original question: yes, that is what I am up to.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dameris and Followill on the Presser - by cow - 07-15-2021, 06:50 PM
RE: Dameris and Followill on the Presser - by cow - 07-16-2021, 04:18 PM
RE: Dameris and Followill on the Presser - by Kammrath - 07-16-2021, 04:26 PM
RE: Dameris and Followill on the Presser - by cow - 07-16-2021, 04:36 PM
RE: Dameris and Followill on the Presser - by Mak - 07-17-2021, 08:53 PM
RE: Dameris and Followill on the Presser - by cow - 07-19-2021, 02:35 PM
RE: Dameris and Followill on the Presser - by cow - 07-19-2021, 02:49 PM
RE: Dameris and Followill on the Presser - by cow - 07-19-2021, 03:06 PM
RE: Dameris and Followill on the Presser - by cow - 07-19-2021, 03:30 PM