Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dameris and Followill on the Presser
(07-15-2021, 05:38 PM)SwisherPrice Wrote: Cuban, RC, and Donnie will all have their side of the story but I think it's evident now that the MBT was a huge mess the last 3-4 years,
The more we hear, the more it seems like this has been the case, and maybe even for a lot longer than 3-4 years.  

The seeming pattern of lack of structure, people not knowing who is responsible for what decision, letting problems go unaddressed for long periods of time, competing loyalties to various individuals interfering with the work, the owner swooping in and derailing ongoing business unexpectedly, the long-term tense atmosphere, lack of expertise and professionalism in certain areas, etc., etc. all speak to an amateurishly conducted organization where a certain degree of chaos limits the effectiveness of the group as a whole. 

Business organizations ideally should run like a well-oiled machine. This seems to be more a business school case of how not to run a railroad, at least as a sporting proposition. 

If what we are hearing is true, I think the finger ultimately has to be pointed at Cuban, for not imposing, or allowing another professional to impose, a businesslike structure that enables the various skills and talents to come together efficiently in support of the whole. It is difficult for success to happen in a Lord of the Flies type situation, even in an arena where the owner has the leg up of operating in a monopoly of sorts. 

I don't know how optimistic I am that things will change, tbh. Nico seems to be the one with the managerial tools and position to encourage some optimism on that front, but ultimately, he can only be as successful as his authority takes him. In that regard, I don't view it as a good sign that he was forced to acknowledge publicly at his introductory press conference that Cuban is the decision-maker, and he (Nico) is not. That was a cringeworthy part of the presentation, and Cuban sounded like the second incarnation of Jerry. 

I don't like to be a downer in a period of new beginnings. Maybe we'll be pleasantly surprised. I hope so.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dameris and Followill on the Presser - by cow - 07-15-2021, 06:50 PM
RE: Dameris and Followill on the Presser - by mavsluvr - 07-16-2021, 12:35 PM
RE: Dameris and Followill on the Presser - by cow - 07-16-2021, 04:18 PM
RE: Dameris and Followill on the Presser - by cow - 07-16-2021, 04:36 PM
RE: Dameris and Followill on the Presser - by Mak - 07-17-2021, 08:53 PM
RE: Dameris and Followill on the Presser - by cow - 07-19-2021, 02:35 PM
RE: Dameris and Followill on the Presser - by cow - 07-19-2021, 02:49 PM
RE: Dameris and Followill on the Presser - by cow - 07-19-2021, 03:06 PM
RE: Dameris and Followill on the Presser - by cow - 07-19-2021, 03:30 PM