Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
A Few Thoughts on Knicks 106, Mavs 103
There is an article in the Athletic today that discusses KP's reception at MSG last night. 

He was booed mercilessly, with shouts exhibiting such classiness as "Traitor," "Go back to Latvia," and "KP sucks."

KP said it didn't affect him, but Marcus Morris thought it rattled him a bit. He noted that KP "played too fast," and missed shots and threw away a pass for a turnover in the first quarter.

https://theathletic.com/1380942/2019/11/...rn-to-msg/

Whether it is/was nerves or not, it has struck me that KP often plays a little too fast in general. He has a bit of tendency to force up shots early when he feels pressured, and has said that he is aware that he needs to correct that. On posting up, he rarely backs his defender down very much, preferring to take a quick turnaround jumper over the opposing player, which often ends up clanking. We have Dirk for an example of how it's done, with how patient he was at working for his shot on postups, with phenomenal results. 

I am basing this on this season's games. If there is data from his previous seasons showing that this is an aberration for him, then I will be happy to be corrected.

(11-15-2019, 09:23 AM)fifteenth Wrote: [Image: giphy.gif]

Thanks mavsluvr!! Well done!!

A good mavsluvr recap does a lot to make the loss a little bit less painful. The Mavs are a work in progress but Mavs talk is in a better place!

(11-15-2019, 02:50 AM)mavsluvr Wrote: their numero uno objective is to mold the squad into a Carlisle team, even if it means sacrificing a few Ws

I think this point is the key piece to why Mavs basketball has been fairly ugly for a few games. The Mavs front office and the Mavs coach are playing the long game.
Love the applauding dogs, lol.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Few Thoughts on Knicks 106, Mavs 103 - by mavsluvr - 11-15-2019, 10:39 AM