Poll: Grade the F.O.
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
A
6.52%
3 6.52%
B
6.52%
3 6.52%
C
26.09%
12 26.09%
D
28.26%
13 28.26%
F
32.61%
15 32.61%
Total 46 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Rate Donnie Nelson and Mark Cuban's job performance over the last 2 years
(06-06-2021, 09:40 PM)SwisherPrice Wrote: When referencing the MBT, I always assume RC is part of it too. They are all tied at the hip...I doubt Donnie and Cuban are doing their own thing and just let RC inherit whatever pieces they give him. I'm sure RC has tons of influence on the players he wants, from free agents to prospects drafted. 

If/when heads start to roll at some point though, he will be the first to go. I believe he has 1-2 more years for them to at least make it out of the 1st round.

If they fail again next year, it depends on the situation. Ex: being a #5-#8 seed and losing to a better team again vs. being a #1-#4 seed and losing to a lesser team. If they lose to a lesser team, I think he's done.

However, in 2023, if they're still getting bounced early then he's done...it doesn't matter the circumstances.

Donnie is safe as long as Luka is a Mav. If the doomsday scenario of Luka leaving finally happens some day, Donnie will be done and Cuban probably sells the team.

If Luka is healthy next year, unless we go into the year with an objectively worse roster (nightmare to end all nightmares), RC should be out if he can't get a fourth-year-Luka-led team to at least the fourth seed - although you likely fire him after the playoffs in that event.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Rate Donnie Nelson and Mark Cuban's job performance over the last 2 years - by Scott41theMavs - 06-06-2021, 09:42 PM