Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 1 Average
I Reject the Tenor of the Forum
(06-06-2021, 07:17 AM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: The trick now is can you get better by trading KP?  Can you get better by using the THJ cap room for someone besides THJ?  You can get a pretty nice mid teens slot depending on what happens with JRich (and WCS).  But, none of us agree on what that slot should be used for.  Secondary ball handler.  Defense and rebounding.  Three point shooting.  We need all of it, but don't have the path to get it all unless we tear it down to build it back up.

By the power of Haralabos Voulgaris, let someone else overpay THJ.  He showed who he is throughout the season and playoffs.  When he's hot, he's a flamethrower, when he's not, he's a deep freeze.  Paying him a contract starting at his current rate of 18m would be a massive misstep.  He still has a tendency for stupid shots, albeit way less than his NYK days, and unfortunately for him, he's in a Mavericks jersey so he'll never get favorable calls on drives or when people run into him while he's shooting from deep.  

Mavs should be thinking about JRich.  He had a nice 4th quarter in one of the playoff games and was terrible for most of the rest of the series.  

As the biggest WCS hater on this forum, he was alright this year.  I'd take him as a cheap backup to the backup big man.  

KP isn't without fault but he has no chance of being the second best player (what we are paying him for) with Luka and Rick.  He'll ask out this offseason and we should oblige since Luka and Rick aren't going anywhere (yet).

Money needs to be spent on a someone who can take some playmaking responsibilities away from Luka.  This team is completely lost on offense without him.  There are a lot of holes on the team, but none of the other ones matter if Luka needs to generate 80%+ of the offense unless we figure out some miracle in the offseason that lets him play close to 40 MPG and still be fresh/effective in the 4th quarter.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
I Reject the Tenor of the Forum - by fifteenth - 06-05-2021, 10:19 PM
RE: I Reject the Tenor of the Forum - by cow - 06-06-2021, 07:42 PM
RE: I Reject the Tenor of the Forum - by Kammrath - 06-05-2021, 10:46 PM
RE: I Reject the Tenor of the Forum - by Dahlsim - 06-07-2021, 04:23 PM
RE: I Reject the Tenor of the Forum - by mavsluvr - 06-07-2021, 12:35 AM
RE: I Reject the Tenor of the Forum - by Halfnir - 06-07-2021, 04:55 PM
RE: I Reject the Tenor of the Forum - by Halfnir - 06-07-2021, 05:33 PM
RE: I Reject the Tenor of the Forum - by J0n - 06-07-2021, 05:51 PM
RE: I Reject the Tenor of the Forum - by Mavs2021 - 06-09-2021, 05:08 AM
RE: I Reject the Tenor of the Forum - by Halfnir - 06-08-2021, 08:31 AM