Poll: Grade the F.O.
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
A
6.52%
3 6.52%
B
6.52%
3 6.52%
C
26.09%
12 26.09%
D
28.26%
13 28.26%
F
32.61%
15 32.61%
Total 46 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Rate Donnie Nelson and Mark Cuban's job performance over the last 2 years
(06-05-2021, 01:02 PM)chaparral Wrote: I'm sure we all agree that the Mavs won the Luka vs Young trade.  But that was only one trade three years ago, back in June of 2018.  Since then the Hawks MBT have been pretty active and even changed coaches this season.  How many here would not take Bogdanovic, Capela and Gallinary over Hardaway, Porzingis and Melli - right now?

Both teams this year finished 5th in there conferences.  The Hawks have advanced to the 2nd round and play the # 1 seed 76ers.  With a win tomorrow the Mavs can advance and play the # 1 seed Jazz.  With all that said it still sounds kind of even.  So if you think the Hawks are doing a good job, then?

For me the jury is still out on our own MBT.  In the offseason after Dirks 2nd all-star year the MBT made major changes.  Lets see if history repeats itself again for our Mavs.

Let's Go Mavs.

I think Atlanta is a good comparison for the Mavs.   Now the Hawks beat a diminished try hard team in round one and they have also been able to use cap room and trades to improve their roster.  As you mention Bogdanovic, Capela and Galinari have all been recent acquisitions.  Huerter was drafted in the mid first and he has been solid and Hunter looks real interesting.    They have done a nice job building around Young and trying to hide his weaknesses.    I expect them to lose against the Sixers but they are a team who will be interesting the next few years.

The team who I think is the best organization to compare to the Mavs is the Grizzles.  The Grizz aren't going to attract any free agents, but look at their most recent moves the last few years.   They have found nice values and have also found players who fit their team and grew their game once in their system.    You can make a good argument that all of the following players have improved once in their system:  Dillon Brooks, Grayson Allen, Jonas Valanciunas, Kyle Anderson, De'Anthony Melton,  and Tyus Jones.  They also entered the draft without a first round pick but wound up with two of the top 10 rookies in the class.    They also have two developmental prospects in Tillie and Jontay Portay.  Both may be long shots but their recent history has been stellar of finding the right guys who improve.  If the Mavs don't have a very good offseason, I could see the Grizzles as a team who leaps over the Mavs.   Maybe.

https://www.espn.com/nba/insider/story/_...-ascension
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Rate Donnie Nelson and Mark Cuban's job performance over the last 2 years - by Chicagojk - 06-05-2021, 01:38 PM