2) Kleber

3) Boban

4) KP

5) JJ

6) DFS

7) THJ

8) Curry

9) Powell

Had to include KP since he has not been the 2nd best player IMO.

Where's Brunson?

1) Wright
2) Kleber
3) Boban
4) KP
5) Brunson
6) JJ
7) DFS
8) THJ
9) Curry
10) Powell

Thanks for pointing Brunson out to me. To me its clear the best 5 are Luka, Wright, Kleber, Boban and KP. If we can put all of them in the same unit, as a monster big lineup, i think it would create something special. In any case i want to see more of Kleber and Boban and we are going to be tough to breakdown and push around as we are now. Same goes with more Wright, we will have more toughness on D and IQ on offense. Players on this list starting from KP and down are inconsitent and have quiet a bit of ups and downs, not reliable starter material. Luka, Wright, Kleber, Boban are the only 4 on this roster that consistently produce. Thats the starters, the one that are consistent and that produce regardless of matchup. The ones other teams need to adjust for, not the other way around.

There is a big drop off starting and including KP and the below players, and compared to Luka, Wright, Kleber and Boban. DFS has not been productive enough. He averages 26 minutes, and 7.9 PPG while shooting 28.6%, with all the great passes from Luka, thats really bad.

The only starter material in the players from 4-9 are KP and JJ. KP given that he has potential to be much more consistent than he is now as he is recovering. JJ has been super efficient when given the chance and all his stats have improved per minute. The rest of these are all backup material and the less we play them the better IMO. Need to go more heavy minutes in for Wright, Kleber, Boban and KP as well as JJ, if we want to make a serious playoff push. And develop a new style of play around very very big lineups!
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ranking the Mavs' non-Luka/KP players - by burekemde - 11-12-2019, 04:30 PM