4. FINNEY-SMITH
5. CURRY
6. JACKSON
7. MARJANOVIC
8. BAREA
9. POWELL - TRADE BLOCK
10. HARDAWAY - TRADE BLOCK
11. LEE - TRADE BLOCK

Powell, Hardaway, and Lee can hardly serve as trade sweeteners for each other, and the Mavs can't trade a first rounder (until the 2020 draft night) for the next four years. Which other three of those 8 are also on the trade block if you're going to ship those three out? Point being, we can likely trade Lee fairly easily at the deadline because of his expiring contract, whereas we can likely afford to ship out one of Powell or Hardaway, but not both.

I suspect we get to regret that ridiculous Powell contract for the next four years, at least. It becomes less of a problem if Carlisle (or his successor...) learns that Powell has zero business playing more than 15 minutes/night in this professional basketball league.

Agreed. Maybe we can trade THJ/Lee/All 2nd Rounders for a big and send Powell to the bench unit where he can be effective. I wonder if that is enough to get a Favors/Valanciunas/Adams/Whiteside/Thompson/Ibaka to start for us.

I don't want to trade any of the other pieces, but depending on the guy we are getting, If I had to trade one of the younger guys, Jackson would be my first option. Brunson is on a great contract and can create his own shot. DFS provides defense on a very poor defensive team and Curry will find his role once RC realises he's not a starter.

We need a physical player, a rough guy. Dallas is just getting roughed up on most nights.

Only win against a physical team has been against Orlando.

Of your names listed, only Adams can fill that role.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ranking the Mavs' non-Luka/KP players - by SportPsychMav - 11-12-2019, 12:31 PM