Poll: What do you think about THJr
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Starter Hope
40.91%
18 40.91%
Master Chuckfest
15.91%
7 15.91%
Trade him!
29.55%
13 29.55%
Tim Hero Jumper
13.64%
6 13.64%
Total 44 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
The X-Factor Tim Hardaway Jr.: DAL to give long term extension?
THJ is killing me. He may actually be the reason I end up in the hospital. 

What seems like every time he touches the ball, he launches it. Its very rare he passes. I understand if he wants to be aggressive and attack and take matters into his own hands sometimes, but that's practically impossible with the shots he takes. He literally runs into traffic and tries to pull up over people like he's TMac. He doesn't have the height advantage, he doesn't have the shooting touch, etc. If I were his teammate, I wouldn't even run down to the offensive end just because I know what's coming. Might as well save some energy for the next defensive play. 

My friend and I were watching the game last night and he doesn't know much about basketball. Almost every time THJ touched the ball I predicted what was going to happen. A forced and or rushed shot, turn over, a poor attempt at hero ball, etc. He doesn't even look for other players, or a good shot. I can't say it enough. Its so frustrating. My friend was laughing a lot and realized THJ is a blackhole and I was just getting more and more frustrated. 

He had a string of 5 points I believe to start the 4th. I was slightly happy about it since he kept us in the game through 2 possessions, but I was just getting more frustrated with what he was going to try to force in future plays based off of making a couple. If he makes 1 tough shot, you can expect him to come down and take and miss 2/3 terrible shots after. I just don't get it. If KP is deferring and can stay in the flow of the offense if he's not feeling it, what makes THJ think he can keep going? His role needs to be reduced. I get the whole idea of trying to find our rotation and figure things out with the rotation early on in the season, but this is the easiest part of our schedule. We can't split our games because Tim Hardaway Jr thinks he's Kobe. We need these wins badly and we'll find that out by the end of the season.

I hate hating a player on our team. I would like THJ a lot more if he just stayed within his capabilities. He could be an excellent 3 and D player that thrives on catch and shoot shots off of Luka/Brunson drives. From his time in Atlanta until now, it's clear that he won't accept a reduced role. He could have a great game, shoot like, 7/10, make 5/7 3's if he played the way so many of us want him to play, but then he'll go away from that the following games. He just isn't willing to accept the role he'd be best in.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Good the Bad and the Ugly Tim Hardaway Jr. Thread: All Things Shiny - by TheCustodian - 11-12-2019, 12:02 PM