Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Play-in game thread 2: SA @Mem, GS @LAL
(05-19-2021, 08:08 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: If he has a wide open lane to the basket, he takes it, but if a big defender gets close, I've seen too much fumbling/less confidence in the shot. So many layups that go hard off the glass and don't go in.

I'll have to disagree about the missing layups part. I haven't noticed that (I'll keep my eyes open though). I DO agree that he only drives when there's an easy lane, and I DO think he gets frustrated and settles for contested threes too often when the initial action doesn't result in an open one. Every player has weaknesses. I just think he does stuff that's not as easy to replace as people believe. EITHER of the teams we're watching right now would LOVE to have him, I'd wager.

FURTHER, everyone here told me THJ would regress this year, and not only did he shoot well again, it seems from my seat that he ADDED elements to his offensive game that weren't there last year. What if he can do that again?

Spurs staying in this thing, but can't quite get over the hump.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Play-in game thread 2: SA @Mem, GS @LAL - by KillerLeft - 05-19-2021, 08:11 PM