Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ranking the Mavs' non-Luka/KP players
(11-11-2019, 10:33 PM)radioaktiv Wrote: I think this is more like a "power rankings" as I expect this to be mostly fluid over the course of the season.

That's how I'm looking at it.

I said I was doing this every Tuesday. Well, the Mavs don't play until Thursday, so I feel okay doing this this evening. So, for 12 November...

1. Wright. His shooting has not been good, but he's still one of the Mavs' two best defenders and is good for those drives to the basket. 

2. Kleber. Maxi's play has been pleasantly consistent over the past four games. He seems to have found his shot (15-29) over the past four games, especially from three (11-21). Once again, great retention at his contract.

3. Barea. Yeah, this doesn't speak well for the past week that JJB sneaks in this high by virtue of his one (game-changing) appearance. It's a small miracle that he's back from the injury already. We need more guys who play like him.

4. Brunson. Two poor games to start the week, then two very solid ones. He has to learn not to shoot the 3 until he can get it to fall consistently. He held off in those past two games. 

5. Boban. That he didn't sink any farther on this list does not speak well of the team's play over the past week. Can only play when RC likes the matchup, evidently. Did great in the Memphis game, anyway...

6. Seth. Wasted his opportunities as a starter. Most effective off the bench. Of course, that applies to every player on this list aside perhaps from Wright and Kleber. 

7. Justin. Loved the Memphis game, but it doesn't matter how effective he is on offense if RC refuses to play him due to the rest of his game. 

8. DFS. Plays hard. Rebounds well as a three. Hits some timely threes. Effective defensively some of the time. He may be a scrub, but he's our scrub. 

9. Powell. He has done some solid stuff and played hard in the past couple of games (+20 in the Celtics game). Don't care. He's a wimp (by body structure rather than musculature - of course he's ripped), can't guard anyone, and can't hit a three. Really regret this contract. 

10. THJ. I don't give a crap about the Memphis game. This guy is going to ruin my enjoyment of Luka's breakout year if RC keeps playing him. 
11. Lee. Just dump this guy and his contract already.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ranking the Mavs' non-Luka/KP players - by Scott41theMavs - 11-11-2019, 10:55 PM