Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I know we're not winning the chip this year...
(05-07-2021, 01:17 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: Were they more ready or were they just given more time to develop in game? Dorian shot 37% from the field and 29% from three in his rookie season, for the whole year and in 81 games. You can´t tell me that he was more ready or that Carlisle would have tolerated it from a rookie in a WIN NOW situation. Bit different if Iwundu and Johnson do it.  Wink 

You really don't think Luka and Brunson were more ready than our current crop of rookies? And I didn't say that DFS was more ready than Green. I asked a question that was meant to suggest that DFS got minutes because we weren't trying to win. Iwundu and Johnson were given a chance to contribute and then shipped off when they didn't contribute much to winning.

(05-07-2021, 01:17 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: At the same time, you can´t use it as an example of the successful Carlisle/Mavs standard (rookie development) method

Not sure we agree enough to even hash this out. It sounds like you're saying that we can't use success stories as examples of success. If I can't use success stories as examples of success then I'm wasting my time jumping in to this conversation.

And if we're talking about the current roster, Powell, DFS, Maxi, Luka, Brunson and Green are all developmental success stories. Green could flip the other direction, of course, and Hinton, Terry and Bey are incompletes. 

Feel free to bring up all the past failures, and I may very well agree with you. But if you're wanting to use any of Powell, DFS, Maxi, Luka, Brunson or Green in your ongoing argument that the Mavs don't develop players well, then I'm out.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: I know we're not winning the chip this year... - by fifteenth - 05-07-2021, 01:44 PM