Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I know we're not winning the chip this year...
(05-07-2021, 11:40 AM)Mavs2021 Wrote: The negative I always hear is: You will crush his confidence, because he´s clueless about what he is doing out there and the team will lose games.

The counter argument would be: How can you train for something, you don´t know. Why not throw a rookie out there for ten (meaningless) games and let him actually FEEL real NBA games. Let him get a feel for what it´s like to have Westbrook coming at you at 100mph and Irving doing five crossovers before pulling up in your face. He can´t learn that from practice. At least that way he goes into the gym with the knowledge how far he has to come. Maybe some rookies just are fast learners. He immediately catches on, while he´s still full of youthful self-confidence. Then you just stick with him for 10 rotational MPG. He´s motivated. He´s engaged. He works harder in practice.
Ya, these are the two biggest sticking points for sure. Issue is, we have no way of knowing how these guys learn and what the effects are with playing them.

They could lose that youthful self confidence because they see no way they can ever get close to stopping that 100 mph Westbrook drive. On the flip side, they can lose their youthful self confidence by never getting into a game and always being beat down with having to earn their minutes.

All different types out there and you have to believe that RC will not get it right with every one of the players (you also have to believe he will as well). Which ones...we'll never know in all honesty.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: I know we're not winning the chip this year... - by ItsGoTime - 05-07-2021, 12:01 PM