Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I know we're not winning the chip this year...
(05-07-2021, 07:08 AM)HanspardsShowerVoice Wrote: The 2 best franchises in the league at player development are Miami and Denver, imho.   RJ Hampton was getting virtually no minutes before Denver threw him in the Gordon trade and Precious Achiuwa has played around 2 mpg in his last 4 games.  He only plays now when Spoelstra runs out of warm bodies because Miami has no other choice with injury and COVID issues.   Smart organizations just dont throw underdeveloped players out there just because.  Green is getting more play now because he's gradually shown he can handle it.

The Heat approach is completely different to the Mavs approach.

Spoelstra gave Achiuwa bigger minutes early, which is basically the exact opposite approach. Achiuwa played in the first 20 games and never less than 10 minutes.

Spoelstra said I trust you. Here is your spot in the rotation. It is your spot to lose. Show me what you got at this level. Show me whether you are ready or not. Show me how quickly you can figure this level out. 

Also Achiuwa has played more minutes than all Mavs picks combined. Over 300 more minutes. That´s nearly seven full NBA games worth of experience.

Adebayo was very similar. He played 69 of 82 games his rookie season. He played 10+ minutes in 60 of those games. Consistent minutes in a specified rotational role, not some infrequent "I´m mad at the veteran", "garbage" and "50% of the roster has COVID" minutes.

Also Denver has/had four rookies this season. I won´t count Campazzo/Cancar, although Cancar is basically the same age as Tyler Bey.

Nnaji and Hampton have appeared in 65 out of a possible 91 Denver games for a total of 596 minutes*.

Green, Bey and Terry have appeared in 58 out of a possible 198 games for a total of 469 minutes.

*Besides the fact that Hampton has a year of pro experience overseas and has been balling for the Magic lately, so it´s questionable how "not ready" he truly was.  Recently 11 PPG / 5 RPG / 3.5 APG shooting 42/33/78. I´d call that a good day for Josh Richardson.  Confused

Nobody plays their rookies more infrequently than the Mavs. [b]It´s a fact. [/b]

Green is 36th in total minutes. Hinton, Bey and Terry are 73rd, 74th and 76th in total minutes out of 90 used rookies. ( I don´t even know how many of the rookies on the other teams were injured or got COVID. Mavs rookies had nearly 100% eligibility, depending on the reasons behind Terry´s absence)
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: I know we're not winning the chip this year... - by Mavs2021 - 05-07-2021, 08:04 AM