Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I know we're not winning the chip this year...
(05-06-2021, 10:13 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: I'll take the rare role of an RC apologist and say that the coaches were likely working with Green behind the scenes, and he finally got to a point in practice where he deserved a shot - and we are seeing the results. 

This. ^

The idea some here have that young raw players must be played, because they can only develop and improve in games, is so wrong.

The NBA games are played at a very high skill level, and it makes no sense to play players who are outmatched. Nor do teams with high expectations want to waste games (and possible wins) on players who just aren't that ready. So they work with them off the court, in a slew of ways, to improve their game, and THEN use them.

Some have the talent and work ethic to develop faster than others. The Mavs, to their credit, apparently believed he had it in him, and it's just starting to pay some dividends. He's come a long way since early in the season. His offense is still a work in progress, but he has picked up a feel for how to impact the game on defense, with energy, and in the little things, all of which can be useful.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: I know we're not winning the chip this year... - by F Gump - 05-07-2021, 02:15 AM