Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I know we're not winning the chip this year...
(05-06-2021, 09:46 PM)embellisher Wrote: ... but Carlisle slowly working Green into meaningful minutes is kind of reminiscent of him putting Stevenson into the lineup in 2011. 

Admittedly it was at the behest of veteran players, but still, Rick put a guy who hadn't played very much that season into a starting role for toughness and defense. And DSteve helped us win a championship with his grit, D, and some timely three point makes. 

I know Green isn't starting, and probably won't this season because Duffy, but...

What do you guys think?

Why is Green just now getting minutes?  Was he being hidden for playoffs?  Something clicked with him?  

Are Mavs planning on playing him and actually trying to see how far they can get?  Or...is he a back up plan in the event JRich lays a stinker in the first game or two?

I kind of side with JRich agent on this if Mavs arent serious this year.  I would avoid taking money out of JRich and Duffy's pockets if you arent serious about winning this year.   But if Green gets serious minutes it kind of seems like they are trying to take the year/playoffs seriously.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: I know we're not winning the chip this year... - by dynamicalVoid - 05-06-2021, 10:02 PM