Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mavs Rookies G-League Watch: Green, Terry, Bey & Hinton
(04-30-2021, 04:07 PM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: I see some good things when I watch Green.  He stays in front of his man very well.  He gets more than his share of contested rebounds.  He makes some really nice instinctive passes.  

I think it is a mistake to plan out an offseason and not include Green in the plans.  

This pick will prove to be just fine. Whenever he gets real playing time, he does something fairly electric.  Loved his third steal that led directly to his third assist tonight.  Just need a little offensive competency.  

Two years from now he’ll be the age Michael Finley was as a rookie.  Finley posted per 36 of 13.8/4.2/3./1 which also happens to be about what Green averaged in his short stint in the G-League in 29 minutes.  Finley was never more than average at EFG% and TS% for his career.  I bring up Finley, because I can see Josh filling up a box score similarly.  He just has to get somewhere near league average at EFG% and TS%.  Josh will certainly get some open looks that Finley never got.  He has two off-seasons of work and a regular role next season to get those shooting percents up to something close to average for the comparison to hold true. I think he’s already there in several other areas of his game.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mavs Rookies G-League Watch: Green, Terry, Bey & Hinton - by DanSchwartzgan - 05-04-2021, 11:14 PM