Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mavs Rookies G-League Watch: Green, Terry, Bey & Hinton
(04-30-2021, 11:44 PM)Mapka Wrote: Wanted to say this is not true, convinced myself otherwise. They dumped Ledo, Hammons, Spalding, Roby and used Larkin, Anderson, Crowder, DSJ in trades.

They seem to not be as attached to rookies as we are, I'm not sure they should.

Still there is this: I can't think about a rookie we dumped breaking out elsewhere.

I certainly wouldn't argue with anything you say.  I'm just saying that rookies, and other fairly new players, should have a legitimate chance at being developed...which includes play in real games.  I believe that some of these potential players--on Mavs and other teams--become so discouraged and frustrated that it affects their entire futures.  I don't think professional basketball teams should be baby sitters, but these are young men who have been reasonably successful all their lives until--they join an NBA team where they are DNP until traded, or dumped, for little to nothing.  A considerable shock to their young, fragile self images.  I actually think Roby will become a fairly good player.  And Crowder is so unhappy with the Mavs that he won't even consider coming back.  I don't blame him.  I guess I should add that I don't follow any other team except when they play the Mavs.

These are just my opinions.  We are all entitled to our own opinions.  However...I think it is good we can have thoughtful conversations about our opinions.  It's not as if anybody in the Mavs organization is going to read these...or be swayed by anything we say.  I'm just a Mavs fan for life--so far.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mavs Rookies G-League Watch: Green, Terry, Bey & Hinton - by ballsrchr - 05-01-2021, 07:29 AM