Poll: What to do with Justin?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Crucial Trade Sweetener
33.33%
7 33.33%
Should start
47.62%
10 47.62%
Keep him benched
19.05%
4 19.05%
Total 21 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Justin Jackson Hype Train! All Things Justin
(11-11-2019, 09:14 AM)DanSchwartzman Wrote: Something to bear in mind regarding Jackson is the fact that in 2021 his cap hold is $12 million. So, he either needs to be worth that by then or be a sweetener between now and then.

My observations regarding Jackson are he needs minutes and the freedom to be an important part of the offense to thrive. I observed last season that his per minute production was dramatically better when he got 25 minutes or more and was quite pedestrian when he played less. This season, his two man lineups are horrendous when he’s in with Luka or KP (doesn’t get touches). But, the lineups are quite productive when he plays with Brunson, Wright, Powell or DFS.

I think the Mav’s have a keeper in Jackson, but like most of the rest of the team, they haven’t quite figured out what to do with him yet.

Great post, Dan, and the $12 mil info is extremely useful. Bottom line for me is that I'm gunshy to get too attached to any players not named Luka and KP, since this team lacks clear cut starters outside of those two, and several of the current players are likely to be trade bait for those starters. I am basically enjoying the bench mob (plus whoever the three fake starters for that particular game are) for now much as we would have enjoyed the Wright/Nelson Mavs more if we knew what was coming next, knowing that we will likely close the year after (probably) two several-for-one trades with a far better starting lineup but not enough of a bench to get out of the first round. The bench will be rebuilt in the offseason. I just hope it doesn't end up being the proverbial Rondo that we traded for when it happens. But I fully expect Justin to be one of the six or seven guys we sent out in trade.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Justin Jackson Hype Train! All Things Justin - by Scott41theMavs - 11-11-2019, 04:44 PM