Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 2.0 pt RAPTOR & 3.5 pt Vegas favs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
80.00%
4 80.00%
Lakers
20.00%
1 20.00%
Total 5 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 58: LAL (35-24) @ DAL (32-26) | 115-110 win
(04-22-2021, 02:15 PM)bodhisattva Wrote: Kul. As I said throwing out names. Do agree about 6th place finish actually. It pains me. I know play-in is a risk and 6th+LACc playoff is a safe way to go, but i would honestly prefer to see them finish 7th and take the Suns.
That said, if Mavs would eliminate LAC, that would make me very happy, but i just dont see it. Kwahi will be out for blood this year. Thats my reasoning. Has been for quite some time. Maybe things change and Suns fall to third, or Nuggets overtake LAC and it will be all good, but if its 6th-LAC or 7th-play in and Suns I am taking gamblers choice.

I actually agree Suns might be weaker opponent. They were lucky whole season with basically zero injuries. Clippers certainly have more gears they can turn on. But, I don't think they are that mighty. I think Mavs are biggest enemy to themselves. If they play as they showed they can in some stretches, they can win against anyone. 

I am opposing this kind of calculations, because they never end well imho. You can make a lot of "effort" to finish 7th and then Kawhi/George injure themselves in last game of the season leaving you as biggest loser. Or Suns just dominate being motivated "you" (as in Mavs in this hypothetical) thought they are the lesser opponent. 

I think best way is just to give your best and come ready playoff time. No team is so much better that it would make a clear decision to avoid them.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 58: LAL (35-23) @ DAL (31-26) | Apr 22, 8:30 pm | Mavs 2.0 pt & 3.5 pt favs - by omahen - 04-22-2021, 02:21 PM