Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 8.5 pt RAPTOR & 8.0 pt Vegas favs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
85.71%
6 85.71%
Kings
14.29%
1 14.29%
Total 7 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 56: SAC (23-34) @ DAL (30-26) | 107-121 loss
(04-19-2021, 09:52 AM)TXBamanut Wrote: Fair enough, but I'm going to call this ACCUMULATIVE drift.  Look, I'm no pro by any stretch, but I have played in games where I knew I was going to be open and another guy just shot it a million times and I just lost interest.   I'd run off picks and have the cold shot and he looks me off and dribble dribble jack up a fadeaway and at some point, I'm not running hard off that screen or wasting my life pinning a guy under the goal when the balls not coming anyway.  

That's what I see.  Several times, I saw KP in the mid post setting up and then the step back 3 goes, and he just starts trotting down the court with the ball in the air and a "hope it goes in" look on his face.  I don't really fault him for that after this becoming the norm.

Honestly, the best post entry passer on the team is KP because he gets it quick and to Luka's hand every time.  It boggles my mind that Luka and the other guards on the team can't figure that out.  If we met at a diner and JRich and Luka had a few and started bragging about how they were going to get this cat out of here by doing that stuff, I honestly wouldn't be surprised (AND I know that's not happening...seriously).  But still, the way they do it...I'm just like, come on, man.

It looks like a snotty war sometimes.  They don't pass him the ball, he floats right into their driving lanes to try to force the pass, it's stupid.

If I was getting 12 clear mismatches a game, and putting up the stats KP was putting up, and 3 quarters through the game, they've found me for like 4 of them and took crappy shots on the others, I'd have an issue...even if I was being the good soldier and whatever, because I know, that's going to get us nowhere later.

Look...the only guy shooting worse than KP at the half...LUKA.  Kp was 3-10 and Luka was 3-11.  Luka finished the game with 27 shots to KP's 14.  He can late liberty and shoot himself out of any funk he's in, because he's got the ball, KP can't.

Every NON-guard that has ever existed in basketball from the dawn of time, especially 5s, have depended on the PG and the offensive set to get them to ball in a position to score.  None of them bring it up and just launch into a series of one on one moves consistently and produce well, except maybe Giannis, but he's unique.  That is a fact.

So this is on Luka and Carlisle and BRUNSON who can't pass his way out of a paper sack, in NBA context.

I'm astounded at the complete inability to just throw the ball to KP's hand on an entry pass at 7'3".  Why must we have the bounce pass at his knees, when he's holding his hand up high?  Seriously...that's like Basketball 101 in my opinion...of course, they are in the advanced Calculus of basketball to me, so all that may have changed, but I was taught different...which is fine.

Porzingis ranks 36th in FGA per game (so a high end 2nd option), 66th in FG%, 115th in 3pt FG%, tied 145th in APG.

Porzingis gets the ball, it´s a shot attempt or a turnover. So who is the blackhole here? How many shots is he entitled to based on his performances?

Here is an idea: If you want the ball even more, make your shots.

Kleber, Brunson, THJ, DFS shoot a much higher percentage from three.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 56: SAC (23-34) @ DAL (30-26) | 107-121 loss - by Mavs2021 - 04-19-2021, 10:29 AM