Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 4.5 pt favs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
55.56%
5 55.56%
Grizzlies
44.44%
4 44.44%
Total 9 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 9: DAL (6-3) @ MEM (2-7) | 138-122 win | Mavs NBA best 4-0 on road
I genuinely believe that Jackson will be/should be our 3rd best player by season's end. As many have mentioned, he moves really well off the ball. He doesn't demand the ball and can make his presence known with limited touches. He was on fire for the last chunk of last season when he was thrown in the starting lineup shortly after getting traded here. He's one of those guys where I think he can give you a good 12-18 points on limited shots, he's versatile enough on the offensive end for that. His offense is very smooth and he's a really smart offensive player. He remains in the flow of the offense unlike THJ, and he gives you more than you get with DFS. I like when he brings the ball up as well. His size and length can allow him to compete every night defensively (though he may get pushed around a little by the bigger SFs). With some work on the defensive end, I think Jackson can be a starter on many playoff teams. 

I want to believe the reason that we haven't seen much Jackson so far into the season is that Rick wants to keep some surprises up his sleeve for later on. Come game 40/50, our rotation guys will be pretty fleshed out and their rolls will be clear to competing teams. Our guys will be easier to game plan for since most of our guys have a pretty defined role and a specific skill-set. Jackson gives this team a different dimension and he is a bit of a swiss army knife on offense. He makes it more difficult for opposing teams to game plan against us. With DFS, if you take away his 3s, he's pretty limited on offense, if THJ's shots aren't falling (and we know he'll keep taking ill-advised shots), he's pretty limited. Its possible Rick wants to keep him generally fresh for later in the season. If that's not the case, than I'm not sure what it could be. I'm a big JJax supporter and really want him to find a role here and get 25-30 minutes a game, and I genuinely believe he can become our 3rd best player.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 9: DAL (6-3) @ MEM (2-7) | 138-122 win | Mavs NBA best 4-0 on road - by TheCustodian - 11-10-2019, 01:47 PM