Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mavs 99, Knicks 86
I don’t think you can heap enough praise on Brunson right now.  He was the author of every big run Dallas had last night.  The first three of those runs came immediately after NY runs and with Luka sitting.  He is Mr. Fourth Quarter forcing his way onto the court in place of someone each night.  I wouldn’t say our Clutch issues are solved, but they would be much worse if not for Brunson.  

I think Powell had a really nice run of positive plays in the 4th.  Interesting that they went to the lob out of a timeout when the team hadn’t scored in a while.  But, I thought he did a nice job of helping to close the lane on drives and got a nice block on one play.

I very much am in favor of someone taking the Melli role.  I really dislike DFS/KP as your 4/5 combo.  It will take a superstar to dislodge Maxi as the starter, but we don’t have a good answer for what happens in the minutes he sits.  I’m hopeful Melli can do that, but it is by no means a sure thing.  Whether it is Melli or a better version of Melli, it is a role we need to fill.

It will be interesting to see who loses minutes to Redick.  I suspect we won’t see much of Burke and the Green cameos will come to an end.  Imagine how much better you will feel seeing the ball swing to Redick instead of JRich.  The challenge will be keeping enough D on the floor to hide Redick’s defensive deficiencies.

I get the desire to bring in a star/potential star like Collins.  But, Maxi isn’t the problem with our starting lineup.  I thought I heard them say on the broadcast that THJ is the second leading bench scorer in the league and while he isn’t as consistent as I’d like, he has been the most efficient he’s ever been.  To me, the biggest difference you could make in our lineup is replacing JRich.  The good news is there are lots of options at his position in free agency.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
Mavs 99, Knicks 86 - by mavsluvr - 04-02-2021, 11:28 PM
RE: Mavs 99, Knicks 86 - by Chicagojk - 04-03-2021, 08:01 AM
RE: Mavs 99, Knicks 86 - by DanSchwartzgan - 04-03-2021, 08:53 AM
RE: Mavs 99, Knicks 86 - by Hypermav - 04-03-2021, 09:08 AM
RE: Mavs 99, Knicks 86 - by omahen - 04-03-2021, 09:21 AM
RE: Mavs 99, Knicks 86 - by embellisher - 04-03-2021, 09:33 AM
RE: Mavs 99, Knicks 86 - by StepBackJay - 04-03-2021, 09:37 AM
RE: Mavs 99, Knicks 86 - by Chicagojk - 04-03-2021, 09:41 AM