Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 4.5 pt favs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
55.56%
5 55.56%
Grizzlies
44.44%
4 44.44%
Total 9 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 9: DAL (6-3) @ MEM (2-7) | 138-122 win | Mavs NBA best 4-0 on road
(11-09-2019, 01:38 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote:
(11-09-2019, 01:03 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: If KP sits, hard to see how this can be a win. We'll see.

Not sure if this is true. Going by the numbers KP has been the biggest negative among all rotation players. I actually think that Kleber returning to the starting lineup would be huge. Obviously would prefer to see him replace Powell but I am okay with him repacing KP as well.
KPs on/off is a mindblowing -23 right now. Rest of the starters that play regular minutes with him are negative as well. Bench is a big plus. That´s not saying that KP is the worst player right now but that he still hasn´t found his rhythm or role. I don´t expect an improvement before christmas. His situation is comparable to Georges or Haywards. Both struggled in their comeback season but returned even stronger in year 2.

We all have to remember that we aren´t even 10 games into the season. RC is still trying to find the best rotations and I don´t blame him for it. Kinda hard to figure it out with a roster that has one clear leader, a 2nd (maybe only a 3rd) option and a bunch of role players that are usually the 6th or 7th best options on a playoff team.

Yep. 
Integrating KP into the mix has been a underrated, significant struggle this season but doesn’t get much press because most of us expect it to smooth out eventually. Plus, KP is super talented. Even if for some odd reason things just don’t mesh, we’ll likely look to move a bunch of other players before KP. But I expect things to get much better even with this same roster. 

The criticsms of Carlsile here and his rotations have some validity to me but they are so small in size compared to other issues in terms of the impact they make, I don’t really see them as anything which will change things in a major way. 

The top 3 things this team needs to focus on in order to improve IMO (in no particular order):

#1. Talent
More specifically, a trade / signing which injects more talent into the roster. Not much can be done about this right now, aside from helping determine what areas of the roster most need to be addressed. 

#2. Chemistry / Health. 
KP is of course the biggie here. But other players have been out too which hasn’t allowed for Carlisle to get more consistent lineups on the floor and comfortable with each other. This is especially significant on defense. 

#3. Youth improvement / development. 
This one is relativey self explanatory. The team will improve as the young players improve  . It starts at the very top with Wonderboy / KP and goes all the way down to Ruby Roby. The main (and maybe the only) significant critique I have regarding RC’s rotations / minutes is not enough Delon Wright. I’d start DW and increase his minutes too. He seems to be the clear player for the future we plan to install in the starting 5, might as well help him start developing some chemistry with Luka and KP. I was disappointed he wasn’t named a starter from day 1.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 9: DAL (5-3) @ MEM (2-6) | Nov 9, 7:00 pm | both on B2B | Mavs 4.5 pt favs - by Mak - 11-09-2019, 02:32 PM